Friday, April 04, 2008

Bittersweet!

Today was a bittersweet day for me!

It was my last day at work. Mr. Mister and I decided it was time for me to "retire." YAY! YAY! YAY! This is something I have wanted for a VERY long time.

The bummer is that I am going to miss all of the girls I have worked with over the last nine (almost) years. It was so much fun, being around such talented and inspiring women. I know that I will be stopping in to see them, (I have to! I have been THREATENED! LOL)but it still makes me sad.

There were also many customers that I got used to seeing on a regular basis. It always brought a smile to my face, when I would see them walking through the door. I will miss catching up with what's going on in their lives.

But, I have to admit, that I am SO excited about being able to stay at home. Now I can lay in bed all day and eat bon bons! ROFL! Just kidding! Hopefully, I will finally get my rear up into my "studio" (I have come to the conclusion that a studio is what "serious" crafters/artists call their craft rooms.....LOL) and create something on a more consistent basis.

I am also looking forward to conquering some of the projects around here that have been put on hold for way too long. There are way too many things on the good old "TO DO" list!

Who knows? I may even get around to weeding the garden this year! HA! Maybe NOT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand your reason for leaving Kathy and you are 100% correct in saying that you are going to be missed. Whatever the next chapter in your life brings enjoy it to the fullest. Love Ginny

Mosaic*Queen said...

Congratulations Kathy!!!!!!
Now, first things first!!! Get that studio together! You will be so glad you did. My family sometimes calls it my cave as I spend an enormous amount of time in there. LOL!! AND I do! I go there to work and sometimes just get away. It's all mine and I get testy when the family comes in there when I'm trying to work or goes in there looking for things when I'm not home! Now that I have a big picture window in there, I have a problem with a certain pesky neighbor who is always peeking in trying to see what I'm working on. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I told her last week that if she kept it up, I was going to get curtains. See how protective I am of the place?? LOL!!
Okay, I must go now......guess where I'm headed! :-)
Hugs!!!!

Michelle

Shannon said...

You will be missed Kathy! I hope that you still stop by the store.

Enjoy your time!

Cheryl Wray said...

How EXCITING!!!!!!! I know that it must be bittersweet in a way, but also very exciting to think about this next stage in your life. Enjoy those bonbons and late mornings!! :-)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Okay...once the novelty of staying at home starts to wear off a little and you find yourself sitting around, doing nothing because you just don't know where to start, e-mail me. We'll do a "challange" thing a couple of times a week. You know, challange each other to make a certain number of greetings cards, or a mosaic or something like that. Please, please, please! Think of me when (okay, IF) you get bored. I'm in such desperate need of motivation that I'm not too proud to beg here. lol

Seriously, enjoy your "retirement" and post pictures of your studio, too. (By the way, I'm re-naming my scrapbook room as of this minute!).

Kari