Sunday, July 01, 2007

Menus

After talking with Rick, we have decided that we are going back to using menus for dinner. We have been eating out WAY TOO MUCH! I used to make up menus all the time. It made it easier for us when we went shopping for groceries, and I didn't have to hear "What's for dinner?" all the time! I could just say "Look at the Menu!"

It's great because each night I can glance at the menu for the next day and figure out what needs to be taken out of the freezer. In the morning, I can throw everything into the crock pot, walk out the door for work, and come home later to a house that smells "DEVINE!" If I am feeling really rambunctious I can pull out some frozen loaves of bread and let them rise all day so that we have warm bread to go with our "home cooked meal." (I wore my bread machine out and need to buy another one)

Who knows...I may become so domesticated that Rick will come home one day and I will be wearing one of these cute "little" aprons.



Ummmmmmmmm.........I think NOT! (But if you want to wear one you can find them here I actually saw them posted on Nitty Gritty's blog.

So, with all my aspirations of being the next Rachael Ray, I have begun searching the web for some delicious new recipes to try. We have become huge "baked potato soup" fans and I am on the hunt for the perfect recipe. We want it to taste like the soup from St. Louis Bread Company (Panera). I have also fallen in love with the sourdough croutons from Cracker Barrel and have found some great recipes for making my own.

The "Taste Of Home" magazine I purchased at the store today looks like it has some VERY yummy recipes in it as well.

I am inspired (at the moment....LOL) and looking forward to eating at home. My kids tease me all the time about our dining room table only being for "looks" and not something we actually sit down to eat at. Who knows, I might buy some pretty new dishes, candles, and a bottle or two of wine, with all the money we will be saving by not eating out.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for the comments on my blog-I have figured out how to post comments on blogger now.

Those aprons are cute-I'm sure Rick would love them! ;)

Bread Co has a cookbook, I think-maybe you could find the potato soup recipe in there?

Micayla said...

Those aprons are sooo cute, thanks for sharing!