Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cravings!

The other day Mr. Mister asked me what I wanted for dinner. All afternoon, I had been thinking about and craving bruschetta from the Macaroni Grill. It was already late in the afternoon so we decided to try and make it on our own instead of driving over to St. Louis. (I looked around on the internet to find a copy cat recipe but couldn't find one. I did find a personal blog where someone mentioned trying to make their own and copied down the recipe they came up with) We ran out to Dierberg's (LOVE this grocery store) and bought everything we needed. When we got home I started cutting and chopping everything. After mixing all the ingredients together we let it sit for a hour or so at room temperature to blend all of the flavors. We popped in a movie, opened a bottle of wine, and fixed ourselves a plate of some DELICIOUS bruschetta! I have to admit, it turned out really good. I would say it was as good as the Macaroni Grill! Well.........in my opinion anyway. HA HA I have decided to make it again tonight because Mr. Mister is out of town and won't get in until later this evening. It's nice and simple, with only a few ingredients. Who can beat that? I can tell this is going to be one of those things we make all summer long. It's not heavy, and you don't have to heat up the kitchen when it's too hot.

I had three teleseminar classes today. These classes are taught by other Traveling Vineyard consultants. It's nice to hear them talk about what works for them and how to go about doing things to help your business grow. Most of them have been doing wine tastings for several years so we get to learn from their experiences. I have signed up for another one for tomorrow night. I feel like a sponge, trying to soak up as much information as I can.

My first wine tasting event (besides the one I had here at the house) is this Thursday. I am SO NERVOUS! I have been viewing the tasting notes and all of the information on the wines we will be having. My hostess is really nice. She has planned lots of yummy food to pair with the wines. I hope that I remember everything I need to mention this time. I will be happy when this all comes more natural and easier for me. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awe, Kathy. You're a fantastic teacher! You'll do GREAT! Good luck!