Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!


At 5:30 this morning the kids came through the bedroom door singing the Boyz II Men "A Song For Mama" and delivering this very special treat. These two things have been a "tradition" that they have been doing for many years now. The first year Mr. Mister helped them start this by buying the fruit (strawberries, bananas, kiwi, grapes, pineapple, and apples with whipped cream mixed through out) and helped them make it. They put the fruit in one of my beautiful "Princess House" margarita glasses (which are only used when they do this...LOL). Doesn't it make such a beautiful presentation? A few years later they came up with the idea to add the song. They would come into the room carrying a "boom box" with the song playing. Unfortunately, we no longer have the cassette or CD so they have resorted to singing the chorus of the song to me. LOL It is all so very sweet. I look forward to this every year. I love those two kids SO MUCH! They are the best! Here are the words to the chorus of the song:

Mama, mama you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like
Tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul

I know what you're thinking..........WHY in the world did they wake me up at 5:30? Well, technically I was already awake.....because of the early morning potty run. LOL But they both had to be at work. Ricardo had to be a work by 6:00 and Danielle had to leave at 6:15. I did lay back down for a few minutes but decided to get back up and dye my hair. So YEP! I am sitting here typing this with my hair all slicked back with hair dye. ROFL. NOT a pretty sight!!

We shall see how the rest of the day unfolds. I know Rick is planning on taking me out to lunch. I was also hoping to go to a winery, but I don't think we will be able to fit everything in today. We have to be back home before six because we have someone stopping by later this evening.





2 comments:

Jessica said...

AND, a Happy Birthday to you tomorrow! ;^) And for you're birthday, I'd like to sing you a special song, but since I can't be there to sing it to you, I though I'd direct you to a special guest... go here: http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATHY!!!

Carla said...

Oh my I missed it again!! I know when it is, you know I do! Hope you had a good one!!! Sounds like your Mother's day was good too!