Thursday, March 01, 2012

Trying Again!

I’ve been thinking about my blog a lot lately.

Why, I’ve let it sit quiet for so long?

Part of me, truly missed updating it. But, I have to admit, at times, another part of me, found it tedious, and very time consuming.

Well, it’s pretty obvious which part of “ME” won that little battle, and the end result was that I let the blog go. I fell behind with the things that could have been shared over this past year.

Things like: Family visiting, BBQing with the neighbors, a lazy Saturday spent sitting on the back patio, sipping wine, while listening to Micahel Franti sing my favorite song “Say Hey”, trips we’ve gone on, projects around the house we've tackled, the loss of our precious dog, Shelby, and so many other things that have happened.

I regret that now. Because, no matter how trivial I tend to think our life can be at times, it’s still our story. And, nobody can tell it better than I (we) can.

As a person who loves genealogy, I am finding out how much the little things matter. I know how exciting it is to be able to take a “peek” into my ancestors’ lives by reading, or hearing stories about them.

More than likely, they thought their lives were boring, as well. They couldn’t have known how much joy their descendents would get while reading about the ice box they had built, which resulted, not only in them being able to keep perishable food longer, but in creating memories for their grandchildren, who remember having ice tea, and the best homemade ice cream during the summer, because of that ice box.

Personally, I can only imagine how thrilling it would be, if one of my grandparents, or great grandparents had been a person who blogged. I’m sure some of them probably kept diaries, but I’ve never seen one. Those items tend to end up with one person in the family, and other family members never get the chance to enjoy reading about their daily lives.

That makes me sad!

So, having pondered all of this for a while now, I’ve decided to start blogging again.

I’m not making any promises about how often I will post. But, I will definitely try to update on a regular basis. Whatever “regular” turns out to be for me! LOL!

I hope you'll tag along with me, as I try to capture "our story" on a day to day basis. And, if you yawn! I'll poke you! LOL!

No comments: